Friday, December 12, 2008

Sample three







This time I decided to combine four star shapes using the idea that I would distort them and create a larger square.I used a blue background and laid pieces of my fabrics at random then covered the lot with a two sided furnishing fabric.I stitched around the shapes from the back in blue,then from front in orange.I cut between these lines to expose underlayer of furnishing fabric on all four stars.Next I cut back three stars inside the orange stitching to expose the fabric variety.On the last star I stitched outside the shape and cut and frayed the edges.This is a much more interesting sample than the other two because of the surprise factor as to what is revealed.I also like the way the furnishing fabric reveals its two ccoulours when frayed.

No comments: