Monday, April 22, 2013

Working.

I have been quiet but not because I have been idle.I am now a full member of Gordano Textile Artists so have an obligation to produce work for exhibition.As I had done quite a lot with visits to Slimbridge I have used this to carry on and produce some pieces.














This is a little detail of my first piece.I used the embellisher ,some printing and then machine and hand stitch was added.













This is a sketch of my second idea ,using inktense blocks ,which are a joy to use.












This is a third piece in progress.
I also have another piece but the photo is too blurred to use.



We are taking part in the North Somerset Arts week during May,you can find details on -www.gordanotextileartistsblogspot along with what others have been doing.
  I have done some fun pieces for this involving jugs.Come along and you can see what I mean!





5 comments:

sharon young said...

Exciting work, love the top one with the bird silhouettes. Good luck with your coming exhibition

Trollman said...

Jenn, love the ink tense work, very rich colours. Let me know when the exhibition is so I can come an see.

Catherine said...

Beautiful work! I love the little birds in your first piece. The colours of the Inktense blocks are wonderful. I have some Inktense pencils but haven't used them yet. You've inspired me to have a go!

FOXTROT said...

Love the very simple stitching on the sky -- very effective.

Jackie said...

I love the finished piece. Absolutely lovely.