Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Some experimenting.


This was one of the teapots I found by Maria Stewart ,it had been auctioned in Cornwall in 2005. It looks to be using the same technique of applying the glaze but in a different colour way.
I played with pushing colour through a stencil then adding in painted circles allowing them to bleed.
On the piece of fabric I did the same though using silk paints.I tried "crashing", where you layer fabric ,bondaweb ,released from the paper backing ,and finally solufleece. You free machine stitch and   then hover an iron over it and it bubbles and shrinks.


These are photos of the other teapot and a vessel alongside my painterly experiments.




3 comments:

FOXTROT said...

Hi Jen, Lovely ideas.

Catherine said...

What lovely work Jen! I didn't know about the "crashing" technique but I'll give it a try. Love your colours too.

Unknown said...

Nice and superb post regarding "Some experimenting."

Gold Silver Tips Free Trial
MCX Gold Tips