Thursday, October 19, 2017

Enamelling taster.

It's been a long time since I posted anything here.I have been busy but not put anything up.
I have wanted to try enamelling for a long time but not wanted an evening course.I found a five week taster course locally which finished today.
Here are my efforts.


I have lots of copper etching plates from several years ago just sitting in my cupboard.The tutor seemed to have lots of jewellery blanks but I was interested in trying out techniques rather than finished items so she cut some up.
 Scraffito appealed ,so I could 'draw' and add layers of transparent enamels.
Using stencils and layering then adding lustres.

Also adding textures by putting through a rolling mill,scrim on left,sequin waste on right.

It has piqued my interest and I can see possibilities for using in textile work.I shall look out for another class.



3 comments:

Jane said...

Look forward to seeing them in the flesh.

Catherine said...

Your enamelling is gorgeous Jen. Interesting for its own sake and also as an inspiration for embroidery. Looking forward to seeing more.

Heather said...

Your enamelled pieces are beautiful Jenn - I love the muted colours. I have also enjoyed browsing through your earlier posts, and must thank you for the lovely comment you left for me. I have only just started to feel creative again after far too long a break. It is good.