Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Paperwork.





Found it quite fascinating how the patterns were affected by moving pieces around,those Seminole Indians must have had great brains to come up with this.I'm sure there are lots more variations to be discovered.I found the process quite fiddly to do,so translating into fabric is going to be fun!These just involved diagonal cuts,I didn't explore straight cuts or thinner strips,bet there's a dissertation out there on this somewhere.










I then cut some black and white strips and rather than sticking down I had a play with what I could produce ,and photographed them instead.











Having not done much because of an upset stomach ,Mother's day,gardening and the rugby,I spent a few hours this afternoon cutting up paper.I only used black,white and some commercial patterned ones,using my own papers can wait for another day.

No comments: