Monday, May 24, 2010

Paper and thread.

They are random rather than considered and I will have to sit at some point and write up my notes,been very lazy about that this time!









These next photos show variations on withdrawing and reweaving threads.




They have dried lighter and with some interesting effects where I layered plastic letters then tore through,no pics yet.





Ithought as the weather is so hot paper would not take so long to dry.I was a bit disappointed that the dye did not penetrate as well as it should with the orange even though I stirred it and left for a day or more.These are my attempts at making a shape,several colours in one sheet and embedding.






1 comment:

Hazel said...

Love the drawn thread samples and the way the definite marks break up into soft patterns.
Have you tried pulping coloured paper with varying amounts of white? Gives a flecky finish and subtler shades.