This was not a huge success.The scrim between the paper layers stitches quite well but the Flags are not stiff enough to hold their own weight and it's problematic attaching them to the concertina.I didn't like this.
This next one was the soluble fabric made in a previous post stitched to pelmet vilene and pleated .The pleats were further stitched into the crease to give more rigidity.I folded the fabric leaving the top edge uneven.
This is an alternate view.
This is the paper with scrim between stitched to strengthen then cut into "e" .This will work for my favourite idea of having "pages" of letters.
Thinking about the fold out book I decided a sheet of loose weave might work better than piecing various papers together and would allow me to use some withdrawn threads.I could use the paper for the pockets.
Finally I used some loose weave fabric and withdrew some threads to form a grid.I attached it with some of the threads by knotting through to the piece of fabric made with snippets of paper and scrim that I free-machined.Not sure if it will work but it could be a cover linking with the concertina piece above in picture 2 and 3.