Picture 1. shows the inside cover.It is pelmet vilene which has been coloured ,stamped and collaged with seed packet fragments.Then I withdrew threads from dyed scrim and attached with bondaweb over the top.
This picture shows the front of the concertina.I cut the fabrics I made into strips before bonding to some vilene.The pelmet vilene was far too stiff to pleat so I used a lighter weight.
This is the back of the concertina,strips of dyed scrim as on the front inside covers.It was bonded then stitched through the pleats and through all layers to ensure it was all well attached.
One method of creating the letter pages,stitching over dissolvable fabric.Others are made from paper and scrim.
I have left the threads hanging as it is reminiscent of roots from seedlings.I have more to do as I 've not even got to the outside covers and have to add seeds ,handstitching and figure out how to keep it all together.
I'm not certain I like the busyness of it all ,think I preferred the simplicity of the original mock-up.