Sunday, February 26, 2012


I have had a play around with different methods to create some backgrounds for the next chapter.First a photo of some hand dyed threadsand a few pieces of fabric.I dyed some lace too as I thought I might bond it to some fabric for a background.


This selection includes rubbings with Markal paintsticks,monoprinting on my new Gelli plate and printing from a thermofax screen.


                   I have used some calico,organza,scrim,glazed cotton.


 There are also one or two pieces of painted bondaweb ironed to fabric.I used some procion dye thickened with Manutex and some metallic acrylic paint.


I have wanted to add comments to other people's blogs but lately seem to be having problems,has anyone else?


Maggie said...

hi Jenn, long time since i've commented but have been watching all your excellent progress. Love the sketches for Sian's competition....I'm still working through Mod 5 but very slowly! I've also been having trouble putting comments on blogs....they never seem to go through first time, not sure when and why this happens. Maggie

Catherine said...

Gorgeous colours Jenn! I'm really enjoying seeing your work on this module develop. I particularly like your painted Bondaweb.

sharon young said...

Scrumptious BG's and a beautiful colour scheme

Meg said...

Lovely colours Jenn. Congratulations on being a winner in the DS art competition. You must be very pleased!

pascale said...

congratulations for your third prize, your really deserved it