Sunday, July 14, 2013

Farncombe Summer School.

It was lovely to meet up with everyone again,and to meet new people.Despite seeing each other just very occasionally ,it is just like meeting with very dear friends. The new venue was very relaxing and the glorious weather helped. Our tutors were Louise Baldwin and Sue Dove .As usual we wished we could have had the opportunity to work with both and for longer.
    I worked with Louise and had a great time,she is a very generous teacher.I took my work to my textile group today www.gordanotextileartists.blogspot.co.uk  ,they were encouraging and the resulting work may well find its way into our next exhibition.

These were some of the papers coloured to use in the tasks.

Task one- using some found papers and some made with stitch additions.


Task two- creating a "sheet" of paper from found imagery and papers.
Cutting them into nine.

Developing a final piece.


I had to have a break from the above so when I did I created some other "papers" to do with my fascination with swimmings pools.


6 comments:

Jackie said...

Ooh lovely workshop, great tutors. I love Sue Dove's work. As for me ..I don't know how I do it! Its blundering about really.

Heather said...

I know I would never have stayed the course on the Summer School especially in this heat, but it must have been a wonderful experience. Love the work you did and think that a theme of swimming pools is most appealing!!

Gordano Textile Artists said...

I love the final piece with it's standing figures, look forward to seeing it mounted. Only a little bit jealous reading everyone's accounts of summer school.

Catherine said...

Lovely work! I wish I could have done both workshops. I was amazed at how much work you all produced in Louise's class.

sharon young said...

Looks like Summer school was brilliant I love the last piece you created, it's very sensitive and the format is is perfect.

sharon young said...

Hi Jenn
So glad you enjoyed my last post, thanks very much for your comment.