Friday, February 07, 2014

Wire and ammonite play.


Last weekend I had a play with my gelli plate.I cut some stencils from acetate based on ammonites and used wet strength tissue and some pre-printed tissue,music and text.

When done I tore sections from the made papers to make some paper fabric.I used some fine fabric as a base and watered down PVA glue to attach them.I used some organza and lace to add to them.

In the one above I used the stencil to add puff paint,then rubbed it with treasure gold.I machine stitched the words before adding hand stitch.I still need to add hand stitch to the top two

This shows the detail.Then this morning I used some wire to make some ammonite shapes.These are destined to be dipped in paper pulp.It was such a lovely sunny day (yes I wasn't dreaming)I took some photos and the shadows they cast made me think about the crocheted ammonites I'd made .

I hung them together and took some of the reflections.

It has given me an idea .I shall use more of these to hang with my silk pieces for my resolved piece.Things are beginning to take shape slowly.

Before I dip the larger ones I think I will knit some wire to add to some of the more open areas so the pulp will adhere.


sharon young said...

Your paperwork and samples are superb, I love the shadows that you're getting from the crochet ammonites. The whole post looks very exciting, I can't wait to see more developements with ths theme.

Catherine said...

Really fabulous work! You have inspired me to have another look at an ammonite I was given as a present. I love all your layers.

Max the Lobster said...

these look exciting jen.