A detail of one using Sea urchin fossils as inspiration.Lots of hand stitching on this one.
I think I put this one up earlier,ammonite .I used the sticky dissolvable to lay sari ribbon on ,then free machined and hand stitch before adding beads.It was a sample to use in my hanging but proved too stiff,so it's become a stand alone piece.
This has also been used as a piece,again entirely hand stitch and based on Sea urchin.
My hanging continues to give me headaches.I am trying one last gasp before giving up.I had intended to use the paper and wire ammonites within the hanging but feedback gave me cause to pause.This has kept me indecisive for months,I put the whole thing away and haven't touched it.My group have encouraged me to have one last try to resolve it so it can put in an appearance .With this in mind I sampled ......
Using a soldering iron,
And block printing.
I think the final was the most delicate of the three so yesterday I printed on the background fabric and am now thinking how to put the piece together.If it ever gets put together I'll post some photos.
One thing I have learned is not to ask for feedback if you are sure in your own mind what you intend to do,it messes with your head !